China Spring Youth Camp has a Zero Tolerance Policy against all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. The protection of the facility’s youth against all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment is important. All employees, staff, residents, contract employees, contract services personnel, volunteers and visitors are subject to the Zero Tolerance Policy.
How do I report sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment?
Residents of the facility have the right to report sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment free of retaliation and consequence. Reports can be filed in the following ways:
- Tell a trusted staff member, request a supervisor, or request to speak to a member of Administration. Administration accepts phone calls 24 hours a day.
- Complete a Grievance form and place in the secured box.
- Ask staff to make a private phone call and contact one of the listed outside agencies provided during intake.
- Use the dorm phone to select a pre-programmed number:
- Line 1: Internal PREA Message Line for PREA Compliance Coordinator . This is checked by message and email by the PREA Compliance Coordinator .
- Line 2: Contact Family Support Council for Victim Services, Emotional Support, or to contact your designated advocate. 775-782-8692.
- Physical Address: 1255 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville, NV 89410
- Mailing: P.O. Box 810 Minden, NV 89423
- Line 3: Contact the Reno Crisis Call Center 1-800-992-5757
- 900 N. Virginia St. Reno, NV 89557
- Residents may also request a private phone call to their parents, JPO, attorney, or other guardian.
- Parents or other third parties may report on behalf of a resident using any of the contact numbers provided on the website, including contacting Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.
Additionally, residents of China Spring Youth Camp will receive ongoing PREA Education about their protection of sexual abuse and sexual harassment from the PREA Compliance Coordinator or designee. The curriculum will be designed to be age appropriate and take into consideration any limitations the resident may have.
When a complaint rises to the level of an internal investigation it will be assigned to a designated individual. All criminal investigations will be referred to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. If the Sheriff’s Office declines to investigate, CSYC will initiate an Administrative Investigation.
All residents have an equal opportunity to participate in or benefit from all aspects of the agency’s efforts to prevent, detect, and respond to sexual abuse and sexual harassment. China Spring Youth Camp will provide alternative written material, formats that accommodate the hearing and vision impaired, and delivery methods that will allow for effective understanding and communication with residents upon intake.